Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Little Things

My husband went on a guys' trip this weekend with family and friends to see the Liverpool soccer team play in Baltimore earlier today. I'm actually very proud of him. He's not a social butterfly like me and is content with spending every evening at home; not that that's a problem, but it's good for him to socialize and interact with other men, specifically other male Christians. So I'm very thankful that he had this opportuntiy to get out with the guys and have a good time. On the other hand...
while I've had a few weekend trips this summer without the hubbs, boy is it super different. strange, and lonesome to be the one who's left to stay at home. I'll admit, I did have plans: my mother and I went to my cousin's bridal shower, and had some time afterwards to shop. Still, nothing beats the comfort and presence of having my husband around. I know it's good for us to have some time apart because it helps us to not take the other for granted and to really cherish our time together--I believe the cliche "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is highly appropriate here, but it still sucks when he's away. So, since I'm such a baby, I decided to stay at my parent's house tonight. I know, I know, I'm a grown woman, but I guess being pregnant has made me more vulnerable needy and it gives me peace of mind to feel safe with other people around. After all, no offense to our cats, but they're not gonna protect me if someone decides to break-in. Well that's my ramblings for now. In less than 24 hours the hubbs will be right back where he belongs, with me :-)

No comments: