Sunday, July 15, 2012

40 Days of Prayer - Day 1: God's Gift

I know, it's the middle of July and I've got Pandora doing rounds of Christmas music, but I can't help it! I've got visions of a newborn dancing in my head and it just fills my heart with all kinds of happy. Isn't our Savior so good and wonderful to bring about such goodness?! I've been praying about how I may serve the Lord and grow closer to Him, while still remaining mindful and intentional in my relationship with Him. I've decided that during this time of pregnancy I need to set aside a time (40 days) to reflect and pray purposefully and daily about the joys and struggles of life. I've been encouraged by another friend Hannah, to pray for her and the babies growing in our bellies! I hope this will be a time of encouragement for those of you who read this as well. So let me tell what's been going on lately....

I've been reading through the book of James and I'm reminded of this verse in chapter 1: 16-17:
"16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." 


Father, 
I thank you for your goodness that you've given us. Goodness that none of us deserve. Thank you for loving me enough to send your one and only Son to die on a cross for my sins. Thank you for blessing me with a wonderful, hardworking husband, who continually proves himself by serving us day in and day out. Thank you for a family that continues to support and love us no matter we need; families that put You first and lead us the best way by serving You, we hope to be shining examples of Your love just as they have. And thank you for bringing about this precious life living and growing inside me. You are good and the fact you sent your Son to die for me is more than enough proof. Thank you and praise be to You alone. 
Amen.  
  
**Next day here**

No comments: