Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 6 of Prayer: Parenthood & Leading

This is one of my absolute favorite verses. Back in high school, I became a BIG Third Day fan and the lyrics to one of their songs "My Hope Is You" matched the verses I was reading in my Bible. Check it out:

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, Lord,
    teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are God my Savior,
    and my hope is in you all day long.
  
These verses continue to encourage me long after I first connected the Third Day song to this part of God's word. And with it here's my prayer. 

Father,
How fitting it is that you are called that since we are your children. While you are the ultimate parent, I have no clue what it's like to be a parent and while I'm really excited most days, I'm also terrified. What if I make the wrong decision(s)? How will I handle this situation or that? What if I lose my cool? But you Lord, say not to worry. And instead, to put my hope in you. Because you are the Instructor, I will follow Your lead. Help Adam and I as we navigate this journey we're about to embark. Please continue to work your holy spirit in our lives so that we'll know how to lead and teach our little one by making the best decisions: by following you and putting our hope daily in You. 
Amen. 

**Next day here**

No comments: