Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 4 of Prayer: Health

I apologize for missing yesterday. The hubbs and I had an extremely busy day. I logged on, wrote a snippet about what I love about being pregnant and then off we were to help my dad at my parents' place. I had anticipated coming home last night and fulfilling my duty of blogging about Day 4 of Prayer within this pregnancy, but while we were at my parents house I suffered a horrible no good very bad migraine! One of the worst I've ever had. So when Adam was done helping my dad, we ended up coming home and I crashed. I ate some chicken noodle soup -- doesn't that always make everything better?! -- I wish it did, but I basically had to fall asleep to knock this one out. And because I went to bed so early, I woke up around 4am wide awake and ready to go. I woke up Adam and talked about Wuthering Heights because of course, I have crazy dreams right now. So anywho, again, I apologize; this is to say I'm back and here's what I mulled and prayed over today: health. Please see Hannah's prayer as she wrote about this a while back. 

Proverbs 3:7-8 says:


Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones. 

Father,
You are the healer. Your word says that if we fear You and shun evil, this will bring health to our bodies and nourishment to our bones. I ask that throughout this pregnancy you would continue to give me and this child a healthy and safe experience by choosing to follow what is good. I ask that you would give me guidance to continue to make healthy choices when it comes to eating and I ask that you would make my child's body strong and healthy in preparation for life outside the womb. And I thank you for the provisions you've made for us so far, you Lord are good.
Amen

**Next day here**

No comments: