Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 11 of Prayer: Strength for a Mother

Proverbs 31:17; 25
17 She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

1 Corinthians 16:13
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 

Ephesians 6:10
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 


Father, 
These verses are a reflection of what it means to be strong. I ask that as a mother, I would be strong in my faith. Not doubting You and Your will. Allow the necessary physical changes my body needs to make in order to make way for the rest of a strong and healthy pregnancy. During this time of preparation, I know the task before me (labor, delivery, and caring for our little one) will be tough and I ask that you make Adam and me strong enough to endure it. Let us not be reckless and always be mindful that the way to parent our children is by following Your example. You Lord, are gracious and abounding in all things and we know we can rest in the shelter of your wings, for you are strong and mighty. 
Amen. 

**Next day here**

No comments: