Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 19 of Prayer: Uncles

1 Samuel 20:42
42 Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, ‘The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever. ’” Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town.[a]

Lately I've noticed that when Adam and I have been out and about at any mall or department store there are a plethora of onesies that say, "I Love Auntie" but there's no such loving for the uncles! Yesterday I praised the grandparents our children will have and today I want to share how thankful I am for our children's uncles; mine and Adam's brothers.

Adam and I have three brothers: my brother Nathan, and Adam's two brothers, Luke and Joel. Each of these men have a heart and service for the Lord. They have the qualities and characteristics of godly men whose presence our son will be surrounded by, and we couldn't be more pleased! Although Jonathan and David were close friends, and not brothers, the concept that these two as brothers-in-Christ would continue to honor and watch out for the others family/descendants is exactly what we expect and know our brothers will do for us. We are blessed beyond measure to have brothers that drive long distances to see us, help with house projects, and give in any way shape or form they can. Praise God for brothers/uncles!

Father,
I am reminded that you provide us with friends who are there for one another, especially those whom we need spiritually. The friendship Jonathan and David had was as close as brothers, but more importantly than that, they were friends/brothers in Christ. How precious the gift of brothers and friendships are. We praise you for the men that our brothers have become and we ask that the relationships they have with us, each other, You, and our son will be encouraging and uplifting always. May our son learn and grow up to adore his uncles and be encouraged to live like them, putting You first.
Amen.

**Next day here**

No comments: