Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 15 of Prayer: Purity

Psalm 119:9-12

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.

Father,
In a world consumed with identification and selfish gain, we seek truth and purity by remaining focused on Your word. Your word is faithful and true and never leads us astray. In hope of setting a Christ-like example, help us as parents to "live according to your word" -- help us to be doers, not just listeners (James 1:22-23) of it. Help us to live out daily the Word which is planted in us. We seek Your will and that as part of it, you'll help us to raise our son with a desire to serve You and remain focused on what is pure. We know what the world offers and how corrupt and depraved the heart of mankind is, we pray for the ability to protect our child as we show him what it means by spending time daily with You. You are to be praised always. For Yours is the kingdom, power, and glory, forever.
Amen

**Next day here**

No comments: