Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 13 of Prayer: Gender

I'm sure at some point you knew this verse would come up. It's very traditional when it comes to pregnancy and babies, but it certainly fits today so well. I blogged just a quick bit this morning about how I felt like a kid at Christmas--I woke up at 5:17am and couldn't fall back  to sleep because I was soooo excited about finding out the sex of the baby. So before tomorrow's big reveal, it's truly a blessing that at least for today, only our family will know, but be sure to stay tuned in tomorrow for the BIG reveal!

Psalm 139: 13-18
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand —when I awake, I am still with you.

 Father,
Thank you for this child that you have blessed our family with. What a joy and an honor that we get to be parents to this specific child, one that You have knit together in my womb. Although You knew what this child was and what it looked like before our appointment today, we'd still like praise Your name for what a truly incredible experience, that we were able to see inside the womb and discover what You created. All is healthy and  well. Just like David says above, Your works are wonderful! We praise Your name for bringing this little one into our lives. How  precious indeed that You thought to give us such a gift. We love You and all  that Your Son did for us and what the works of the Holy Spirit continue to do!
-Amen. 

**Next day here**

No comments: