Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy 3 Years Hubby!

Just married!
Prayer during wedding ceremony
Today marks three years that Adam and I have been married---and they have been the best three years of my life! I can't imagine being married to a better man. God, who is faithful and abounding in love, was gracious enough to give me His son, also sent me an amazing man that I have the pleasure and privilege of calling my husband. When I think of 1 Corinthians 13: 4-13 aka the "love passage," Adam fits it like a puzzle piece--"he is patient, kind, he doesn't envy others, he is not boastful, is not proud, does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs. He does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 

Love birds :-)





Newlyweds

Even after three years, he continues to amaze me. We were both so very blessed to have never dated anyone else but each other, which I think makes our love story particularly sweet and special. I remember a time when I was in college and I so very much asked and prayed that the Lord would open certain doors and relationships for me with guys I thought I was head over heels for, but by waiting on His timing, I received the best gift of all--Adam. He is my better half and best friend. He makes me want to be a better person, wife, friend, teacher, daughter, soon-to-be-mother and most importantly follower of Christ.

The night Adam proposed
He encourages me, supports me, makes me laugh and listens to me gab away about the most random things. He puts up with the insanely long hours I've been pulling this year at work and he never complains about helping me grade papers when I'm behind.

Throughout this pregnancy he has been extremely supportive and helpful--he's done the dishes more than I can remember and has cleaned the house without me asking him to! He is a diamond in the rough and he's going to be an amazing father to our son and future children. Thank you Adam for being such a wonderful Godly man; for being genuine, honest, and earnest in your love for me. I love you always!

No comments: