Sunday, October 7, 2012

What I'm Up To: Crib Sheets

As I've scoured the Internet in search of crib bedding for our little one, I haven't quite found what I was looking for--although truth be told I wasn't quite sure what I was searching for either. Until I stumbled upon this beauty of a nursery. I fell in love with the colors and not the theme of the room. So many websites have bedding that matches a theme instead of colors. I get tired of some rooms so easily (especially seasonally) so I decided to choose colors for our little fella's nursery rather than a theme, so that way I can pick and choose different pieces to  use or retire when I want. The colors we've chosen are gray, orange, lime green, teal/aqua, and bright blue.


Once we made a decision on the colors it was off to finding a bedding set we could use. I found a shop on etsy whose work I love, but when I asked for some prices, I decided that I could make my own bedding and not have to pay nearly as much. It wasn't quite the endeavor I was meaning to take on, but in the end it has been a wonderful experience; not only for me, but my mother as well. We decided to make the crib sheets (we made two) and have registered for a few others. I'm in the process of finishing our little one's shopping cart cover, something I hoped to have finished tomorrow. All-in-all the crib sheets are really easy once you get the hang of it!

No comments: