Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Praise the Lord!

I have some WoNdErFuL news! I got the job in Bassett! I had my second interview, this time with the principal, one of the assistant principals, and my former teacher, Mr. Martin--whom also was one of my references). The interview went great! I was extra jittery, but managed to calm my nerves after being able to talk to Mr. Martin a bit before actually going into the interview. I nailed each question asked and answered with confidence! I was very proud of how I appeared and presented myself. I daresay that I had not gotten this job, I would have specifically wanted details as to why not!

After the interview I went back home feeling great and upbeat! I was hoping to hear a phone call from HR that day. Didn't the principal state that they would make a recommendation to HR and then get back to for taking care of paperwork and fingerprinting, etc.? Surely a principal wouldn't say this to every candidate?! After working myself up into a good frenzy, my stomach was all in knots by about 6pm that same night. I of course talked to my husband who told me I was worrying over something I shouldn't, but of course I couldn't "let it go." By Friday, I long forgot about the interview (ok well as much as I could) and was eagerly looking forward to the trip the Leverett girls (Adam's mother's family) were taking--we went to Cape Charles for the weekend (pictures and post to come soon)! So needless to say by the time I had "let it go" I got the call, and surprisingly enough, HR isn't open on Fridays, but this one particular lady went in and decided to gimme the call. I'm glad she did or else I'm sure my heart would still be pounding away with anxiety. But all this is to say that the Lord is good, and all the praise and glory belong to him! So now we're off on to a new adventure....moving!

No comments: