Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tell me about......your CHURCH

Lately I've been posting about school, mainly to have an outlet where I can filter my thoughts on the matter and blow off some steam. Other than possibly one or two more posts and I'll be done! Therefore, I've decided to start a few series on "Tell me about...." where I'll post about personal subjects and of course anything you have questions on. I've seen something similar to this on other blogs and figured it'd be good to blog about something new. So feel free to email me or leave a comment. So here goes.: "Tell me about...your Church."

Adam and I attend Redeeming Grace Baptist Church in Mathews, VA. I absolutely adore our church. Ever since I first visited it with Adam, way back in 2008 when we first started dating, I have enjoyed the fellowship with the people there. Their hearts are genuine and their faith is real. It is very much a solid church. Growing up, the denomination my parents raised me in lacked expository preaching and the sermons lasted all of 20 minutes. So needless to say, I became stagnant.  It was until I visited a church in college (very similar to the one we attend now) that I first heard expository preaching. It has captured my heart and left me in awe. I feel that I understand God so much better with this style of preaching and it's helped me greatly in my devotional time as well. I have gotten to know God so much better (that's not to say I'm where I should be in my walk (that's something I strive for daily)) but it is a style of preaching that has opened my heart and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Our church meets on Sunday mornings and evenings and Wednesday evenings for Bible study. The second thing that drew me to our church is the fact that it's very simple. We don't meet in a huge church with stained glass windows, we meet in a rented space that has the bare necessities. The room we meet in is very simple and the focus is simply on worshiping the Lord and delving into His word. I love it! Please feel free to check out our church here and while you're there check out some of the podcasts on some of the series our preacher has been going through (Sunday mornings: Mark, Sunday evenings: Apostle's Creed, Wednesday evening: Matthew).

No comments: