Friday, July 8, 2011

Tell me about.....your brother-in-loves!

Yes, you read that correctly. I wrote typed brother-in-loves, not laws! Those guys are wonderful and I am so lucky to call them my brothers! If it weren't for Luke, I would have never met my prince charming! Let's go back a couple of years...

From left to right: Joel, my hubby (Adam), and Luke!
Here's the story: Luke and I went to college together. Neither one of us remember meeting the other, what an impression we made, right?! But not too long after he started his freshman year at Bluefield, we became friends and started hanging out. By the next school year we were working together on SUB and were having a blast! I met Luke's family that Fall, in September of 2007 when they came up to visit him for his birthday. That was the first time I met Adam, but said to say there wasn't any of that "love at first sight" cliches. The next time I saw Adam was the spring of 2008 when Luke needed help moving out of the dorm. Prior to the summer of 2008, Luke had invited several of us to come to Mobjack for a visit, but I never had the chance, until that summer, when we both went to help at YEC in Richmond. After YEC, Luke invited myself and two other guys to come hang out for the weekend at his parent's house. I went, and wham bam just like that Adam and I hit it off and the rest is history! Therefore, without Luke, I would have never met my wonderful hubby.

Anywho, enough about me and Adam, isn't this post about Luke & Joel?! Right! Luke is an amazing brother-in-love! Everyone who meets him, likes him! YES, this is true! He is a very amiable, smart, laid-back, handsome, and adventuresome kind of guy! He keeps his priorities in check and makes the best decisions that he feels God wants him to make. His faith is his foundation! He's supportive and kind and can irritate me, just like my little brother does, and he's got a wonderful girlfriend, whom he loves dearly, whom I hope to call my sister-in-love one day!

Adam and I with Hazel, Luke, and Joel!
Joel on the other hand, wow! This kid has grown up fast! He's become such an adventuresome, strong willed, pursuant individual. Before college, you could usually find him reading a Ted Dekker book, piddling with some melodies on the piano, and swimming in the creek. Now, he's always venturing to new places, making his mark on the world! I am impressed that Joel came "out of his shell" and has taken life by the horns--he really knows how to carpe diem!  I am proud of who he is, and I'm excited to see where the Lord is leading him! I'm so very thankful to call these wonderful men, my brother-in-loves! Thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful family!

No comments: