Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sewing Endeavor #3: a baby blanket

So a few weeks back, ok almost two months ago, my parents came down for a long weekend when my school had Spring Break. I always love it when my parents can come for a visit, but this time was wonderful because mom and dad hadn't been up in a while, and mom and I were sewing! For some reason, neither one of us can find the motivation to sew unless we're around each other, go figure! I won't drag this out, but I will say that making a baby blanket is so much easier than making baby clothes, well at least a snap-on onesie.

Me with my creation.
To the right is pictured the baby boy blanket I made. It was the first blanket I made it is so far my favorite! I have yet to decide if I want to keep it or give it away. This summer, since I'll have more free time on my hands with school not in session, I'll create a tutorial going step by step through the whole blanket making process. The blanket was soooo soft and comfy, that even the hubbs wanted to take a quick nap! I also created a little girls' blanket for a friend of mine. She didn't want to completely steer away from the color pink, but wanted to incorporate more purples in her little girl's nursery. So keeping that in mind I picked out and created the following (check it out) -------------------------------------->

See you next time for sewing endeavor #4!

No comments: