Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

Courtesy of www.girlscouts.org
Last week one of my students stopped by a little after the bell rang to end the school day and dropped off some much awaited yet much forgotten Girl Scout cookies! These little sweet treats are such a delight for me because growing up, I was a girl scout--I almost reached senior status, but left the troop I was in once I started high school and realized I couldn't cope with a million and one activities, so it was left behind.

Looking back now, I wish I had had the nerve to stick it out and not give up so easily. I know my mom tried to convince me otherwise, but I simply would not budge and chose to leave. If I were smart I would have stayed in it and earned the respect of my peers as well as achieve something many women do not. Anywho, these have always been a special treat for me, and should you see a couple of girl scouts trying to earn some money for their troop and/or earn a badge be sure to help 'em out!

No comments: