Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shopping Cart Cover & Crib Skirt

Shopping Cart Cover
I meant to blog about this several months ago, but simply forgot. This past fall, while nesting didn't exactly kick-in until a few days before Caleb was born, I did get into a super crafty mood with sewing. Most of the bedding and nursery items I saw on the Internet and in stores were extremely expensive. Who has hundreds of dollars to spend money on something your kid won't even care about?! So on the weekends, when I didn't have class and when mom didn't work, we'd get together and spend hours figuring out how to make all this cute baby stuff.

Crib Skirt
We made a shopping cart cover (featured to the left) and believe it or not, we took it to Food Lion, only to discover that it did not fit their shopping carts!!! But we've decided to keep it just in case it should fit other carts, or if I actually get in the mood to somehow fix it. I have seen several other shopping cart covers at Once Upon a Child for cheap so we may just buy one there instead.

To the right, is the crib skirt my mother and I made. The pattern we used was a bit girly, so we decided to use rick-rack that matched the fabric, however, we learned that we didn't need so much fabric after all since we were only using one color. And below is a picture of the crib skirt on Caleb's crib in his nursery, underneath one of the crib sheets we made during this time as well.

Crib Skirt on Caleb's Crib
It's been a while since we've made anything else. What with the weeks impending Caleb's arrival, I lost the motivation to sew anything else. However, now that I'm on maternity leave, I recently found some material I bought a few summers ago when I was in the mood to make blankets for some of my friends that I knew were having babies. So hopefully I'll be sewing those together soon and posting about them, too! 


No comments: