Friday, July 8, 2011

We're Moving!!!

For the few of you that read this blog, I am sorry I haven't been an avid blogger lately. Two weekends ago I went on a girls' mini-vacay to Cape Charles with the Leverett girls (which I plan to blog about soon). Then last weekend Adam and I were busy helping our pastor and his family move. And the weeks/days in between have been spent packing here as well as visiting friends and going back to Bassett to take care of necessary paper work, getting into my new classroom, and checking out houses to buy!

YES, YES, YES you read that correctly! We're going to be buying our very first home! I am elated! We have been looking at several houses on the Internet, and I went with my parents and Hazel to view some when I was in town on Wednesday. Needless to say of the four I saw, three were a BIG disappointment--they were absolutely horrendous--and would need lots of renovations before you could even move in! There was however one that I absolutely loved! We're planning on going back in the next week so both Adam and myself can look and hopefully find one where we can place an offer. God has been so good to us and I am overjoyed with the work He is doing! In the meantime, most of my time is spent packing--the house is a wreck! We'll be keeping our stuff in storage until we find a house, and we'll be living with my parents for roughly a month or two until then, which will help us save some money! I'll be back to blog with an update soon, in the meantime pray the Lord has a house set aside for us!

No comments: