Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something Borrowed

I saw the previews for the movie "Something Borrowed" a few months ago and knew I had to see it. It was one of those, "Yes, I'll pay an outrageous $10 to see this in theaters!" [Where I'm from, movies don't cost near this much to go see] So when I realized it came out May 6, I figured I'd take my  mom out on Mother's Day weekend, but my dad wanted to make it a whole family outing and didn't want to see it, so needless to say I was a little more than bummed that I wouldn't see it on opening weekend.

However, God always has other plans, doesn't He? I mean the things that I think are great, never truly are in comparison to His. I know you're thinking, um how did she bring God into this? Well this is how: if I had gone to see that movie last weekend with my mother, then I would've missed out on the opportunity to hang out with a colleague of mine who never ever gets out and about. We were able to make plans to meet up in Williamsburg and watch it and then catch some dinner later. It was the BEST girls' night I've had in a while.

So I will not spoil how amazing this movie is, but I highly suggest you watch any of the trailers for this film here.I suggest #1, it's my favorite. Aaaand if you haven't read the book, check it out, too! It's by Emily Giffin. As always, it doesn't exactly follow the book, but it's pretty close with the exception of how a few characters were adapted. Anywho, I usually don't rave about movies or books like this, but they're GREAT! I must warn you that there are expletives and some material that is crude, but overall I give it two thumbs up! Check it out ladies!

No comments: