Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Momma's Day :-D

Mom at Roanoke Airport
12/30/10

Today I want the world to know how grateful and thankful I am for this woman ---->

Growing up she was the type of mother who gave up everything of herself to be there for her family. In recent years, I have noticed that there seems to be this notion among Christians that it is "unholy" or "ungodly" or even anti-Biblical that a woman who works outside the home is committing some kind of sin and not keeping her priorities in order (as it appears that she is putting work first over family). iMy mother was in fact a woman that did not stay home, she couldn't afford to, and for that I am thankful.Though she may have worked outside the home, she never compromised her responsibility and priority of putting her family first while at the same time maintaining a career, to help provide for her family.

Proverbs 31is often quoted on this day, and with good reason. In that passage the woman is using the time of day and her resources to provide for her family. Grant it the life of that woman was well over 2,000 years ago, and technology, medicine, and the like have changed, however it clearly resonates that a woman should provided for her family, which is EXACTLY what my mother has done. Adam and I have discussed the idea of me being a stay at home wife once we do choose to start a family, however, I do not think that I am anyless of a woman and I should not be any less praised on Mother's Day if I choose to work outside the home.

So as it is Mother's Day, I'd like to give a few accolades to my mother who has been a constant best friend of mine for the past decade. Mom, I'm sorry I didn't truly appreciate our friendship until I was about halfway into my teenager years. Once I did take advantage of that friendship I realized what a truly remarkable person you are. You're always there when I need to talk, you listen with open ears and an open heart, your humility is admirable, and you always put others first before yourself. You have a sweet, tender, compassionate, and humble spirit that pours out a love for Christ. Thank you for being a shining example of what it means to be a person who knows how to put others first. I love you more and more everyday and I have some big shoes to fill when it comes time for me to be a mother, too! Happy Mother's Day you deserve everything this day!