Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love: Friendship

When February rolls around we all think about Valentine's Day and love. Over the next few days I'd like to look at love from different angles. The first being that of friendship.  I have been truly blessed to have some of the best friends anyone could ask for. I hope to blog about each and every one of them as the year goes on. I simply decided to choose my friend Kelly whom I just got off the phone with about an hour ago.

I first met Kelly in the fall of 2005 when I started my freshman year at Bluefield College. She was the RHD of my dorm. I remember my father (being too friendly) and sharing the story of how he hurt his back (as well as proceeding to show her his scar--sorry Kel) and would she help us with whatever it was we were doing or putting together. And being Kelly, she jumped right in and offered to help. Kelly is the kind of friend that when you really need someone to be there for you, there she'll be. She's quick to offer advice and especially a listening ear.  She'll watch endless hours of a TV show on DVD just to catch you up, she'll let you wear her apron and run around shooting water guns at each other, she'll help you pull pranks on guys,she'll pray for you at a moment's notice, she'll forgive you for being late, she'll endure a bike ride session with a Jewish boy pushing you to your last ounce of patience, but she'll keep you encouraged and will live room for you if you're in the neighborhood. Kelly has truly been a light in my life and I am so thankful that God allowed her to be in mine.

So this Valentine's Day, remember to be thankful for the love of friendship and remember: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13

1 comment:

Afsoon and Shapour said...

Hi,

I have visited your weblog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

Would you like to visit my weblog which I created about 3 months ago? You are invited to follow our weblog if you like it.

My husband and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and our weblog is mostly about our Lord. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog but you can read and watch English ones.

My weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

Email: a_any7@yahoo.com

May God bless you,

Afsoon