Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love: Family

I apologize that this is a day late, and that tomorrow's post will be two day's late. It seems that Sunday got away from me, what with the Lord saying to rest on the seventh day and all. This week has been fairly busy as well, what with yesterday being Valentine's Day and today involving the end of a professional development class, a vet appointment, and running errands with Adam this evening.

However, despite my busyness, today, or rather this evening, I'd like to reflect on the blessing and love of a family. I cannot say that all have been blessed to have the amazing families that Adam and I have, but I can say that God has a purpose for each. For whatever reason, He allowed us to share the closest connection possible with these people that according to Webster's dictionary are (a) a group of individuals living under one roof and usually under one head and/or (b) a group of persons of common ancestry. I feel my own definition would read family--a group of people whose lives have been so woven as to share love, heartache, pain, joy, and fellowship. Yeah, that sounds about right.

None know us better than our families do. Families seem to make or break us. After all, they know the good and the bad. Families work through the good and bad. They remember to pick one another up and dust the dirt off our feet and clothes. Our families are usually the only group of people lucky enough to stand back and say yes, I'll walk through this life with you and am willing to share in the memories we'll make along the way. What better time than Valentine's Day (or the day after) to tell your loved ones what they mean to you?! So to my immediate, extended, and church family, I love you all dearly and I am grateful that God has orchestrated my life that I am blessed to know each of you.

No comments: