Saturday, July 19, 2008

Feeling God

Many people have different ways to describe God, but few seem to capture how they "feel" God. Yesterday, I felt God. It was a warm Friday, much hotter than usual and the sun was shining extremely bright, radiating through all the trees, leaves, and water--yes water! Marcus and I took yesterday evening to pack a small dinner and head over for a swim at the Brush Fork Falls near Athens, WV.

Upon arriving, we walked the half mile to get to the falls in our beat up flip flops, trampling over rocks, dirt, and mud. As we promenaded to our destination, the sound of water lapping in the creek to our left said we were headed in the right direction. As we neared our destination, the loud gurgle of the waterfalls came into the distance as did the view. We walked the rocky distance down the mountain to go set our stuff down before taking the plunge and jumping off the falls.

Standing above the water below was SCARY! I love the thrill of flying through the air but not exactly falling--ergo me and my heart were petfrified! I did what every smart girl does and made the boy jump off first to make sure it was safe. Once I saw that Marcus was alive then I jumped. To my surprise I went down a bit further than I thought I would and ended up bumping into some very rough rocks--needless to say I now have bumped and bruised knees!

Once my body reeled from the shock of hitting the rocks, Marcus and I swam around and even went under the falls themselves. Once we were tired of swimming around in the "pool" area we took on the challenge of climbing up the waterfall(s) themselves! I was surprised at how easy it was to climb up. I was afraid that I would hit a slick area and bust my butt and/or crack my head open. But thankfully, none of that happened although I did bump my knees and stub my toes a few times. Ouch! After climbing up we sat under the waterfalls and let the push and rush of the water flow over our bodies--well my aching body at this point, LoL.

But that's when it happened. As I sat vulnerable to nature with the water falling over my body, that's when I felt God. He was cool, sleek and refreshing. Just wanted I needed to feel replenished, whole, and new. I needed nothing more and nothing less than to sit in that moment and feel Him. It was so glorious that all I could do in response was smile! I hope that somebody in your life, you'll get to feel God, too, and it is nothing more or less than what you need!

No comments: