Friday, June 20, 2008

Say What You Need To Say...Can You Hear Me?

Sometimes I walk around and I have thoughts bOuNcInG around in my head. I know this happens to everyone, but tonight I thought I'd let them BoUnCe onto this blog...You see, today I thought of all those things that I wish I'd say. Those things that matter most. And I wonder, why can't I say what's on my mind, or more importantly in my heart? Those who know me best know I'm extremely outgoing and I tend to speak what's on my mind, but then again I really don't. I have learned the hard way the importance of "guarding your heart" and how pain leaves its imprint on it after the damage is done. It's a rough lesson. I think it's something I'm still learning to do. But I truly hate guarding my heart. I wish I were as free and radical as modern day America appears to be (without the promiscuity, disgrace, and disgust). There's always something more I wish I'd say.

"Say"
Take out all your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all your so called problems
Better put them in quotations

Say what you need to say...

Have no fear for givin' in
Have no fear for givin' over
You better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Than to never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shakin'
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say...

No comments: