Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baby's Development - Week 38

We're in the final stretch now and honestly, it's amazing I can function as well as I am at school--I've been so absentminded and I hate it, especially since my teenagers think they can take advantage of it! Thankfully, we have two weeks left of school so I'm beyond excited about that, plus the fact that our little one could come any day now has me anxious and on edge, though I know better than to be anxious about anything according to God's Word.

If you remember last week's appointment (read here), you'll recall that I had an unpleasant encounter with one of the doctor's at the practice I am going to. Thankfully, I was able to see the sweet NP at our office this week--her beside manners are awesome and she listened to my concerns and about how that last experience made me feel. She also explained what I could do while I was being checked to be more relaxed so I wouldn't be as uncomfortable and it wouldn't be as painful! I wish she could deliver our little boy!!!

Anywho, at our appointment this past Tuesday we found out that we are 1cm dilated and 30-40% effaced!!! Woohoo! I'm trying not to get too excited because I know several women that were dilated this way for 2 weeks, but I also know a few others who wam-bam-thank you-ma'am continued dilating quickly and had their baby a day or two later! I wish that had been us this week, but it seems like this little one wants to "cook" a little longer. Our next appointment is with the actual doctor I'd love to deliver our son, so I'm hoping things actually turn out that way and he's not on vacation or something. Oh yeah, before I go, I also found out the results of my Group B strep test--it was positive--so as soon as my water breaks I have to come in to the hospital where they will hook an IV up to me and run an antibiotic to prevent the baby from receiving it, if he's born vaginally. And, our little one is teeter-tottering just under 7lbs! As always, check out the rest of his development below.

Courtesy of http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy-week-by-week/38-weeks-pregnant.aspx

No comments: